Archive Sciences Branch/Operations and Engineering Division,
Space Telescope Science Institute
Some of the main projects I have worked on include -
- Creation of the Digitized Sky Survey (DSS) - an atlas of the
entire sky in multiple wavelengths that is now used by
- Creation of colour images from the DSS - used by the
Microsoft World Wide Telescope (WWT) and GoogleSky visualization
- Guide Star Catalogues (GSC) - measurements of a billion
objects seen in these images and used to accurately point the
Hubble Telescope at it's targets. Also widely used by other
ground and space based telescopes.
- Hubble Legacy Archive (HLA) - a new web interface to
enable data discovery using Hubble data.
- Design of the JWST Archive.
- Statistical analyses and correlations of the properties of
interacting and star-forming active galaxies.
- Discovery of radio emission from contact binary stars due
due to chromospheric actvity.
A more detailed summary can be found in my
resume, list of published papers and
links to some ongoing research projects.